Last Wednesday, I had the pleasure of presenting a Masterclass at the Worktech event in New York City.
Having attended several Worktech events in the past, I had become frustrated. Although the events are always very successful in showcasing the art of the possible when it comes to workplace design, they often don’t include much practical advice in terms of actually working towards the delivery of the Workplace of the Future – an area that we have been working in over the last decade with some of Australia’s largest companies and government departments. The very companies who were recognised at the New York conference as being on the cutting edge of workplace delivery.
(Examples of Modern Australian Workplaces)
In our experience, delivering the Workplace of the Future is an ongoing cycle of continual improvement:
- Measuring your baseline – in terms of current capacity, space allocation and utilisation
- Planning for the future – in terms of business growth, synergies, working styles and space utilization
- Executing against your plans – through the efficient management and delivery of major and minor relocation projects; and
- Facilitating superb staff engagement with your workplace and real estate team
Our technology is available to assist with every step of the cycle:
But why would you embark down this technology path? Because as our clients have found:
- When you have tools that enable efficient operations within your property team, your staff move from being reactive to proactive. They are freed up from continually being on the back foot & fighting fires; to a strategic position where they are able to offer a higher level of customer service and value to the business;
- When you have tools and processes in place to engage with your business units, new levels of trust are developed that facilitate greater levels of co-operation between the business and property teams. These improved relationships are key to the smooth implementation of change programs;
- With accurate data at hand, your property team is able to make smarter decisions – in particular around key leasing options; target occupancy ratios; and business unit synergies
- The end result? Huge bottom line savings (we have identified over 12 value leavers that have been realised by our clients)
I was really pleased to see that the challenges our clients have been facing in Australia resonated with our friends in America; and that our solutions were immediately seen to be a cut above anything else on the market.
I met a lot of great people at the conference and look forward to working together in the future.
Co-founder and Director of Business Development